Wednesday, May 12, 2010

{ working with leather }

I've just completed a new course with Rosemarie at Artwise Amazing Paper, this time learning to make leather journals. Rosemarie is an excellent book binder and teacher and I can recommend her classes if you're interested.

The first book binding class I took was with Rosemarie and I've continued to go back and learn more from her. Not all classes are about making books, the class I did on box making was taught by Rosemarie too so take a look at her website and see if there's anything that interests you.

This course was over 3 Wednesday nights and here's what I ended up with:







I'm really happy with it and look forward to working on it some more to perfect it. Is it strange that the best part of the process was the smell and feel of the leather? Mmm, probably.

3 comments:

  1. nice! I like that smell too, and am dreaming up things to make from leather jackets just so I can smell it too..
    I just featured you as my blog of the week, thanks so much for all your kind words and encouragment!
    Pepper x

    ReplyDelete